My childbirth preparation classes are based on my extensive experience as an educator, a birth doula and a lactation educator. I keep the group small to help create an intimate, warm and welcoming environment. In the series we discuss different methods like Bradley, Lamaze, HypnoBirthing as well as follow ICEA’s philosophies which recognizes birth as a vital life event rather than a medical procedure. Some of the things you will learn about is the normal progression of labor and birth, love hormones and how to maximize them, optimal fetal positions, use of a rebozo, relaxation and coaching techniques, pain management (non pharmacological and pharmacological) and postpartum. We cover what to expect at a hospital birth and /or birthing center, collaborative communication as well as discuss a variety of labor and birth scenarios and options. Gain a calm and confident mindset for pregnancy as well as inspiration and comfort for your birthing day. Make a deeper connection with your birth partner and an empowered connection to your inner voice. My goal is to help couples achieve their best birth experience thru emotional support, advocacy, love and respect. My life experiences and heartfelt attitude will help you explore the kind of birth that feels right for you.
THE CLASSES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Female Body
- Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Signs & Stages of labor
- Hormones associated with labor
- Creating a birth/preference plan
- Emotions leading up to and during labor (mom & partner)
- Relaxation and Breathing techniques
- Partner led relaxation techniques with and without the rebozo
- Comfort measures partner can do during labor
- Movement & positions for the first stage of labor
WE ALSO COVER
- Positions for the second stage of labor. With and without the rebozo.
- Variations of labor
- What to expect at a hospital birth
- Necessary vs. unnecessary interventions
- How to get Evidence Based Care
- Pain relief options
- Cesarean births
- Postpartum healing and expectations
- Breastfeeding basics.
- Your newborn
- Please wear comfortable clothing or yoga attire that will not inhibit stretching and exploring different positions. We do a lot of movement in class so it’s key to be as comfortable as possible.
- Feel free to bring water and snacks.
- Beautiful Mexican rebozos for sale at a very affordable price!
- In the event of an emergency or a client in labor, I very infrequently must cancel class. Should this happen you will receive an email ASAP. There will always be a make up class within 7 days.
- I am also available for birth consultations as well as private classes customized to your individual needs. Classes held in the comfort of your own home and last approximately 3 hours. $100 per hour.
- Serving Los Angeles, Hollywood, Silverlake, Westwood, Beverly Hills, Culver City, Santa Monica and Studio City.