This is My Story
In 1999, I was blessed with becoming pregnant. One of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. It was definitely an emotional and physical journey. I had to deal with physical limitations, heartburn, leg cramps etc. Feelings of “I am going to be a great mother” filled my heart and then a moment later I questioned that same thought. Eventually I learned to relax and go with the flow. After 22 hours of labor I gave birth to my son, Henry. His birth opened my heart and made me see the world differently. I was different. Never have I felt such unconditional love. It was then that I realized I wanted to help pregnant women though this exciting, nerve wracking, and incredible transition to motherhood.
I went to go back to school and received my certification through International Childbirth Educators Association (ICEA). Since then I’ve started a Childbirth Preparation Series at the Saban Free Clinic (formally The Los Angeles Free Clinic) and also volunteer as an educator at The Joy in Birthing Foundation. I taught Childbirth Preparation Classes at Cedars Sinai Medical Center 9 years. I’m a certified Breastfeeding Educator/Counselor (UCSD) as well as a certified Massage Therapist (CMT), specializing in pre/postnatal massage. I received my birth doula certification through DONA International. I’ve recently become an Evidence Based Birth Instructor which I’m extremely proud of. My passion is that women are empowered and supported during pregnancy and birth and that their values and preferences are respected. I believe that every woman is unique and will labor the way that feels right for her. It is an honor and a privilege as a mother, doula and an educator to support women, husbands, partners, friends and family through this wonderful journey.
- Rebozo Techniques with Naolí Vinaver
- Spinning Babies Workshop Optimal Fetal Positions
- Rebozo Workshop with Gena Kirby
- Evidence Based Birth Instructor
- Childbirth Educator Cedars Sinai Medical Center 2006-2015
- HypnoBirthing Doula Training
- DONA International Certified Birth Doula CD (DONA)
- International Childbirth Educators Association Certified Childbirth Educator
- Institute for Psycho Structural Balancing Cert. Massage Therapist; Sports & Prenatal Massage
- Personal Trainer/Pre and Postnatal Trainer UCLA