This is My Story
Growing up in Queens and Manhattan, Madalyn’s life was surrounded by passion and tenacity. A love for dance, specifically ballet, landed her in the famed High School of Performing Arts in New York City. After many years of performing, the life became too hectic so she packed her life and headed west to sunny California. Her connection to Los Angeles was instant.
Madalyn was always devoted to the body and fitness and her focus quickly shifted from performing to realizing a new purpose. In 1995, she attended UCLA, specializing in pre/postnatal fitness which then transitioned into a successful 20-year career as a personal trainer, fitness instructor, and motivator.
In 1999, Madalyn’s world changed with her pregnancy. It proved to be the most emotional, physical and amazing experience of her life. However, blended with all the emotions were also anxieties, ‘Am I going to be a great mother?” Not to mention all the physical issues such as heartburn, leg cramps, nausea, back pains…the list goes on.
After 22 hours of labor, Madalyn gave birth to her beloved son, Henry. It opened her eyes and instantly the universe changed. It was the overwhelming sense of unconditional love that changed her life and passion; to assist and educate woman through this exciting, often nerve wracking, journey into motherhood.
Inspiration brought her back to school and achieved a certification through International Childbirth Educators Association (ICEA), a volunteer and educator at The Joy of Birthing Foundation, and starting a Childbirth Preparation series at the Saban Free Clinic (formally The Los Angeles Free Clinic).
With this experience, for 9 years, Madalyn taught Childbirth Preparation classes at Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
Her certifications include Breastfeeding Educator/Counselor (UCSD), Massage Therapist (CMT) specializing in pre/postnatal massage, a Birth Doula (DONA), Evidence Based Birth ® Instructor and Spinning Babies ® Parent Educator.
“My passion is to empower and support women during the pregnancy and birth process; always respecting their values and preferences. I am passionate that every woman is unique and will labor the way that feels right for her. It is an honor and a privilege as a mother, doula, and an educator to guide women, husbands, partners, friends, and family through this wonderful journey.”
- Evidence Based Birth ® Instructor Emeritus
- Spinning Babies ® Certified Parent Educator Course with Gail Tully
- Rebozo Techniques with Naolí Vinaver
- Spinning Babies Workshop Optimal Fetal Positions
- Rebozo Workshop with Gena Kirby
- Evidence Based Birth Instructor (2016-2020)
- Childbirth Educator Cedars Sinai Medical Center (2006-2015)
- HypnoBirthing Doula Training
- DONA International Certified Birth Doula CD (DONA)
- International Childbirth Educators Association Certified Childbirth Educator
- Institute for Psycho Structural Balancing Cert. Massage Therapist; Sports & Prenatal Massage
- Personal Trainer/Pre and Postnatal Trainer UCLA
“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may just be the world.”