Virtual Labor Support
- For first time parents, I highly recommend taking a childbirth preparation class, whether it’s my virtual 3 week series or classes offered somewhere else. I also offer private virtual classes in the convenience of your own home.
- It is of the utmost importance to be educated and informed.
- Knowing how your body works in labor, learning breathing techniques & labor positions… makes a huge difference.
- Unlimited phone, email and text support before, during and after birth.
- On call from 37 weeks until baby is born.
- Please call or email to inquire about my doula services, fees, availability and packages.
- Please do not let finances determine whether or not you have a doula present at your birth. I believe every woman deserves a doula if she wants one. Together, we can work something out. If I am unable to serve you I will do my best to find a doula who can.
- Serving Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Silverlake, Beverly Hills, Westwood, Culver City, Santa Monica and Studio City.
A complimentary 1 hour virtual consultation to provide information and to get to know each other. If it’s determined that we are a good match, we sign a contract. Half of my fees are paid to retain my services. The other half is due at your 36 week visit. With my services you are guaranteed confidentiality, privacy and my incredible and diverse doula team as well as all of my local resources. If you took my 3 week childbirth preparation series you will receive a discount on my doula fee. It is never too early or too late to hire a doula.
Prenatal Virtual Visits
2-3 Prenatal virtual visits depending on your needs. I am open to doing live, in person visits if you and your significant other have been following COVID 19 guidelines and do not have a fever the day of my in home visit. That goes for myself as well. These visits give us time to get to know each other so that I can support you in an informed way. We discuss how to create a safe and harmonious environment for labor and write a birth preference plan. We also discuss what it looks like to have a virtual doula as well as how to set your environment up for the virtual doula experience. You and your significant other will have the opportunity to explore desires and visions around your birth as well as discuss any emotions and fears surrounding the big day. These visits also give us the opportunity to review what you learned in your childbirth class as well as practice breathing, relaxation and comfort techniques. I have lots of visuals for you to view and I also share my extensive resources list. If delivering at a hospital, we go over what to expect as well as informed consent.
If possible and depending on your location, I may be able to join you in your home during the first part of labor and then virtually join you when you get to the hospital. During labor & birth I will virtually support you and your partner with all of the pain coping skills you learned in our virtual visits. I will provide emotional support and encouragement for the both of you and help you advocate your values and preferences when you are at the hospital. During this heightened time Doulas are the only continuous support you’ll receive during labor and delivery.
I come to visit you approximately 1 week after delivery or whatever best suits your schedule. You also have the option of 2 virtual postpartum visits. We’ll discuss and reflect on your birth experience. I’ll provide breastfeeding support and answer questions regarding newborn care. I’ll provide local resources and referrals if needed.
What is a Doula?
A Birth Doula does not replace the husband or partner but helps facilitate involvement at his her her own comfort level.
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life.
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor.
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth.
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor.
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions.
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers.
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman’s memory of the birth experience.
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
A birth doula certified by DONA International is designated by the initials CD(DONA).
Why use a Doula?
DONA International Doulas are educated and experienced in childbirth and the postpartum period. We are prepared to provide physical (non-medical), emotional and informational support to women and their partners during labor and birth, as well as to families in the weeks following childbirth.
We offer a loving touch, positioning and comfort measures that make childbearing women and families feel nurtured and cared for.
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
- tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
- Have lower incidence of abuse