11901 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
2825 Santa Monica Blvd #320
Santa Monica, CA 90404
3 Week Series
Sundays 11:00am to 2:15pm
Dr. Amersi’s Office
3 Week Series (Dr. Amersi’s patients only)
Tuesdays 6:00pm to 9:15pm
- December 2nd
- December 9th
- *skips a week
- December 23rd
- January 13th
- January 20th
- January 27th
- February 10th
- February 17th
- February 24th
- March 3rd
- March 10th
- March 17th
- April 7th
- April 14th
- *skips a week
- April 28th
- January 8th
- January 15th
- January 22th
- February 5th
- February 12th
- February 19th
- March 5th
- March 12th
- March 19th
- April 2nd
- April 9th
- April 16th
- May 7th
- May 14th
- May 21st
Spinning Babies ® Parent Class
1 Class (3 Hours) – Taught at BebePT
Sunday May 19th 11- 2pm
Spinning Babies ® Parent Class highlights your baby’s active role in birth. During labor, baby needs to pass through “3 Levels” of the pelvis. This class teaches techniques to help expand the pelvis and the muscles and ligaments that support – or restrict – your pelvic “levels”. Together, you and your partner can use these techniques before and during labor to help “make room for baby”. The goal of Spinning Babies is to create conditions where baby can find the optimal positions for labor, making birth easier, less painful and even pleasurable!
This is a hands on class with a lot of demonstration and practice. Be sure to wear clothing that will not inhibit movement. Loose jeans, yoga pants or tights are preferred. If you must wear a dress, please wear tights underneath. Get ready to learn and practice the Daily Essentials, Three Sisters of Balance as well as many other positions for comfort in pregnancy and labor using your new rebozo!
In my experience as an educator and birth doula, I have witnessed how the Spinning Babies ® techniques have really helped my clients during pregnancy and especially during labor. It’s a wonderful way to help connect to your baby’s journey during labor. It’s mom’s job to dilate but it’s baby’s job to rotate!
This class is for expecting parents. Can be taken anytime after 20 weeks gestation.
A beautiful hand woven Mexican rebozo is included!
Class is limited to 5 couples.
Birth professionals are referred to the Spinning Babies® Workshop.
Book Your Series Now
Book Your Spinning Babies ® Class Now
What to Pack
- ID and Medical Coverage Info.
- Slippers unless you want to wear hospital socks.
- Hospitals supply gowns.
- If you want to bring your own robe, please make sure it opens in the front and is practical for birth and breastfeeding, preferably machine washable.
- Hair brush and something to hold your hair back. I found that the soft scrunchy hair ties work the best.
- Chapstick. Please do not forget this item. Your lips may get very dry during labor.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste for you and coach. Might feel really refreshing during labor.
- Massage lotion or oils, tennis ball for massage and counter pressure and any birthing aids you may need.
- Some hospitals offer birthing balls. If you do have one I would suggest keeping it in your car just in case.
- If you wear glasses, pack them &/or contact lenses.
- Hydration and food. It’s okay to bring a little cooler with stuff in it. Remember, labor can be very long and you’ll probably get hungry. The cafeteria isn’t open all night and I’m sure the food you bring will be tastier. Bring food for mom too.
- Photo camera and video camera. Make sure they’re charged up and ready to go.
- Cell phone charger and phone list.
- Swimming trunks just in case mom gets in shower and wants you there.
- I suggest dressing very comfortably for labor. Wearing layers is best.
- Toiletries for mom and coach.
- Something for coach to sleep in as well as 3 changes of clothes.
- Nursing brassiere and breastfeeding pillow.
- Going home outfit for mom. Your uterus will be the size it was when you were 5 months pregnant so please bring maternity clothes to go home in. You will be tender from giving birth. I would suggest loose fitting clothes, nothing too form fitting.
- An outfit to bring baby home in. A baby blanket and hat too.